Fort Woof, Fort
Worth’s first fenced off-leash dog park, is located at Gateway Park, north
of Interstate 30 between Beach Street and Oakland Boulevard, east of
downtown. Open from 5:00 am to 11:30 pm daily, the park provides an ideal
place for dogs and their owners to have fun. Fort Woof provides two large
fenced areas for dogs to roam, one for dogs 40 pounds and more and a
separate area for dogs weighing less than 40 pounds. Each area has picnic
tables (no food of any type in the park, please) and park benches for
humans, a watering station for both humans and dogs, and multiple
poop-disposal locations, each with a supply of plastic bags.
Dog Park Rules
1. Dogs must be licensed and have current rabies vaccinations on their tags.
2. Dogs belonging to Fort Worth residents must display city license tags issued
by Animal Services.
3. Dogs to remain on-leash while entering and exiting the designated area.
4. Dogs must be kept on-leash until inside the double-gated entry.
5. Owners are to stay within the park and within view of their dogs.
6. Dogs shall be under the voice control of their owners at all times.
7. Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed immediately.
8. Owners are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
9. Owners must have a visible leash at all times.
10. Owners are responsible for removal and disposal of feces of their pets.
11. All children must be under strict supervision and an adult must accompany
those under the age of 12.
12. No puppies under 4 months of age.
13. Dogs in heat are not allowed.
14. Park users and dog owners assume all risk related to dog park use.
15. Small dog area is for animals under 40 lbs. only. Small dogs may play in the
large dog area at their own risk, but it is not recommended.
16. Owners shall repair any damage done by their dog (i.e., holes dug by the
17. The off-leash area shall maintain operational during park hours, unless
18. No food or drink allowed in the dog park.
19. Owners waive liability to the city for any injury or damage caused to or by
pets during any time while using the park.